MaRS Library Involuntary termination: Sample checklist
Every company must deal with the termination of an employee at some point. As an employer, you must be aware of your obligations and the employee’s rights. Following proper termination procedures will help facilitate the process. And having a checklist can help ensure you complete all the necessary tasks.
The document below is a sample template of a checklist in the case of an involuntary termination. Note that it is advisable to obtain legal advice with respect to any company-initiated termination.
Download the sample checklist for involuntary termination:
Sample involuntary termination checklist template
Note: The information provided is a summary only. It is not intended to be an exhaustive discussion of termination pursuant to applicable law and should not be taken as legal advice. Readers should review the full text of the Employment Standards Act and seek legal advice for more detail. If you are outside of Ontario, consult applicable employment standards legislation and seek legal advice with respect to your jurisdiction.
Termination agreement: Sample template
Voluntary termination: Sample checklist
- Job evaluation: Tailoring compensable factors for your startup.
- Sales training and tools for your sales team.
- Creating your initial board of directors.
- Privacy, copyright and use of information: A guide to website legal issues for startups.
- Shares (preferred and common): A guide to share capital for startups.