MaRS Library Resignation of an employee: Sample termination checklist
At some point, in every business, employers will be faced with the termination of an employee, be it company-directed or a voluntary employee resignation. By following a planned process in the case of an employee resignation or voluntary termination, your startup will find it easier to conduct the termination procedure and to protect the rights of the business as well as those of the employee.
The sample employee termination checklist below will help you remember all the steps to create a smoother transition for you and your employee following a resignation.
Download the sample checklist for voluntary termination:
Sample checklist for voluntary termination
Note: The information provided is a summary only. It is not intended to be an exhaustive discussion of termination pursuant to applicable law and should not be taken as legal advice. Readers should review the full text of the Employment Standards Act and seek legal advice for more detail. If you are outside of Ontario, consult applicable employment standards legislation and seek legal advice with respect to your jurisdiction.
- Job evaluation: Tailoring compensable factors for your startup.
- Employee stock options: A compensation strategy for your startup.
- Salary, benefits and incentives: Key components of your employee compensation strategy.
- Setting employee performance objectives.
- Convertible preferred stock: How investors maximize their return on investment (ROI).