MaRS Library Financing workbook 4: Developing and delivering a winning investor presentation
Once you have finalized your business plan, you will have most of the material required to prepare a presentation slide deck. This presentation, or pitch deck, will provide potential investors with information about your business opportunity, company and management team.
Financing workbook 4: Developing and delivering a winning investor presentation provides a framework and guidance for developing a PowerPoint investor presentation and drafting a “demo” script. This workbook is designed specifically for technology and life sciences entrepreneurs.
Download and use this workbook to:
- Create a compelling presentation or pitch deck for investors.
- Prepare a demo script for your investor presentations.
This workbook is part four of a four-part series covering business planning and financing. Each part, or “Building block,” adds to the foundation of the previous one:
- Building block 1: Developing a financing strategy for your company
- Building block 2: The business plan and executive summary
- Building block 3: Identifying, targeting and engaging potential investors
- Building block 4: Developing and delivering a winning investor presentation
MaRS workbooks are comprised of two elements―the workbook guide, which contains instructions, examples and activities, and the workbook template, in which you can write your responses.
The principle outcome of this workbook is an investor presentation and we have provided a downloadable PowerPoint template below for this purpose.
Use the workbook template to write your “demo” script and prepare responses to key questions you may be asked as part of an investor presentation. You can personalize the workbook template by adding your company name and logo.
Developing and delivering a winning investor presentation
Developing and delivering a winning investor presentation workbook template
Build a PowerPoint presentation for pitching to potential investors
- Business valuation: How investors determine the value of your business.
- Subscription agreement (angel or venture capital investors): Sample template for Ontario startups.
- Issue Brief on Seed-Stage Impact Investing in Canada: Insights from the field.
- Research and development (R&D) funding programs.
- How do I fund my startup?.