MaRS Library Accounting mechanics: An example of financial statements
A straightforward example of a financial statement appears below. It highlights:
- the relationship between the income statement and the statement of retained earnings
- the relationship between the statement of retained earnings and the balance sheet (shareholders’ or owners’ equity)
- the balance that exists between the assets, and the total liabilities and shareholders’/owners’ equity (Assets = Liabilities + Shareholders’ Equity)
For a more in-depth look at financial statements, see those provided from Research in Motion’s (RIM’s) 2008 fiscal year.
- Intellectual property (IP) assignment agreement: Sample template for Ontario startups.
- Financial statements: Balance sheet and income, retained earnings and cash flow statements.
- Engaging consultants and employees.
- Sample NDA: Non-disclosure or confidentiality agreement for asset purchase transaction.
- Payroll basics: Payroll deductions and employee benefits taxation.