MaRS Library Employee absenteeism: Sample tracking tool
An employee absenteeism tracking tool is an essential element in ensuring that employees and managers carefully monitor vacation time, sick days and personal leave time (or other leaves of absence). This tracking tool should be reviewed and signed each payroll period by both employees and managers to ensure no discrepancies arise.
An employee absenteeism tracking tool also serves as a liaison between your talent management policies and the payroll process. For example, if your management team makes an exception to a policy, such as allowing additional sick leave for an employee, this can be documented in the absenteeism tracking tool.
The document below is a sample template of an absenteeism tracking tool. If you use a template such as the one below, review it carefully to ensure that additions or amendments are not required for your startup.
Sample absenteeism tracking spreadsheet
- Talent management: Compensation issues and your employees.
- Employee compensation: Salary, wages, incentives and commissions.
- Engaging consultants and employees.
- Understanding my management style for recruiting and building teams.
- Build a technology sales team that supports your market strategy and sales process.