MaRS Library Sample job description for an administrative assistant
Creating a job description is one of the first steps in the recruitment, selection and hiring process. It requires consultation with stakeholders to establish and validate what skills and experience the successful candidate should possess, and what tasks would be expected of them. This then needs to be clearly communicated in the job description, as well as information on the working conditions (for example, hours) and your startup’s corporate culture.
When organizing your ideas to prepare a job description, it can help to follow an example, such as the one in the template below for the role of an administrative assistant.
Job description sample administrative assistant template
See also: Job description template: A sample for startups
- Convertible preferred stock: How investors maximize their return on investment (ROI).
- Copyright strategy for startups: Open source versus copyright.
- Win-loss analysis: A tool to gain product and market information.
- Implementing and evaluating sales compensation plans.
- Salary surveys: Compensation for employees.