MaRS Library Job description template: A sample for startups
Creating a job description is one of the first steps in the recruitment, selection and hiring process. It requires consultation with stakeholders to determine what skills and experience the successful candidate should possess, and what tasks would be expected of them. This then needs to be clearly communicated in the job description, as well as information on the working conditions (for example, hours) and your startup’s corporate culture. When organizing your ideas to prepare a job description, it can help to follow a template. The document below is a sample template for a job description.
Job description sample template
- Independent contractor agreement: Sample template.
- Setting employee performance objectives.
- Retaining top talent: Employee retention strategies for startups.
- Building a successful employee referral program as a recruitment strategy.
- Career planning and development: Meeting business and employee needs.