MaRS Library Sales compensation plan: Sample template of sales contract
At your startup, each salesperson needs an individual version of their sales compensation calculations as derived from your startup’s sales compensation plan. This sales contract can be provided in a spreadsheet format.
Such a contract enables your salesperson to understand the underlying dynamics of the design of the sales compensation plan. The sales contract also helps them track and estimate their sales compensation based on their performance.
The document below is a sample template of a sales contract. The entire sales compensation documentation package should be reviewed by a legal professional. If you use a template such as the sample below, review it carefully to ensure that additions or amendments are not required.
Sample template of sales contract
- The pay-per-user revenue model: B2B sales for software.
- Key documents for investors and financing: Subscription and shareholder agreements.
- Thought leadership as a tech startup strategy.
- Sales process: Selling to large organizations in complex sales cycles | Part 4.
- Develop your value proposition and business model using customer validation.