MaRS Library Crafting your value proposition
Your value proposition forms the core of your business model. Without a value proposition, it is impossible to know if and how your business will make money, which partners you need, the nature of your key operations, and how you will acquire and retain customers. The purpose of this workbook is to help you through the process of crafting a value proposition for your business.
Download and use this workbook to:
- Understand the value proposition creation process
- Test your target customer assumptions
- Describe your product vision
- Create and test the minimum viable product
- Develop a value proposition statement
This workbook is part one of a two-part series, Fundamentals of entrepreneurial management, covering the creation of a value proposition and business model. Each workbook adds to the foundation of the previous one:
- Workbook 1: Crafting your value proposition
- Workbook 2: Business model design
MaRS workbooks are comprised of two elements―the workbook guide, which contains instructions, examples and activities, and the workbook template, in which you can write your responses. You can personalize the workbook template by adding your company name and logo.
Crafting your value proposition
Crafting your value proposition workbook template
- How to find a creative partner.
- Revenue models: Software as a service (SaaS) and subscription-based models.
- Suppliers, distributors and partners for social ventures: Social Enterprises (SE) and Social Business.
- PR tactics for startups: What you need to know (and when) about public relations.
- Commercialization overview.