MaRS Library Business model design
Entrepreneurs who are in the process of designing their business model require an approach that allows them to understand if and how a value proposition can be successfully scaled up to a profitable business. The purpose of this workbook is to help you through the process of developing a comprehensive business model.
Download and use this workbook to:
- Understand the process of designing a business model
- Complete a Business Model Canvas
- Clarify and test your business model assumptions
- Evaluate and update your business model documentation
- Develop a comprehensive business model
This workbook is part two of a two-part series, Fundamentals of entrepreneurial management, covering the creation of a value proposition and business model. Each workbook adds to the foundation of the previous one:
- Workbook 1: Crafting your value proposition
- Workbook 2: Business model design
MaRS workbooks are comprised of two elements―the workbook guide, which contains instructions, examples and activities, and the workbook template, in which you can write your responses. You can personalize the workbook template by adding your company name and logo.
Business model design
Business model design workbook template
Further reading: Business models
- Intellectual property (IP) assignment agreement: Sample template for Ontario startups.
- The accounting cycle: Concepts in management accounting.
- SWOT analysis: A framework to develop strategic marketing and business goals.
- Selecting a PR agency: Tips for entrepreneurs and startups.
- Business plans for social enterprises (SE) and social businesses.