Growth Marketing Playbook
BUILD YOUR GROWTH ENGINE
- A five-step process to help you learn how to build a growth marketing model and where to invest your marketing budget
- Growth marketing tips and insights from Canada’s top startups
- Strategies to fast-track your understanding and focus on key marketing channels
|CONTINUE TO INTRODUCTION|
GROWTH IS CRITICAL TO THE SUCCESS OF YOUR VENTURE
You can have an amazing product or service, but if you don’t gain traction with customers, then your business model will not survive.
To help you arrive at an effective growth marketing strategy, we’ve put together a playbook. This resource is based on the work of Gabriel Weinberg and Justin Mares in their 2015 book, Traction.
Hear insights on growth marketing from Fab Dolan, Head of Marketing, Google Canada.
HOW DOES THE PLAYBOOK WORK?
You start with the five-step process to build your growth strategy.
Bootstrap your growth! This series of videos with Nathan Monk walks you through whiteboarding ideas to optimizing your growth marketing campaign. Start with our introductory video to ensure you’ve laid all the necessary groundwork, such as customer discovery.
Complete the activities for each step.
The five-step process is designed for you and your team to take immediate action. Work through the activities (spreadsheet provided) and start moving toward customer growth.
Explore the roadmap of eight key marketing channels.
Not a marketing expert? Jump in with the latest strategies and tools. And get insights from over 20 video interviews with top growth marketers at companies such as Google, Airbnb and Shopify.
ABOUT MaRS GROW CAMP
The Growth Marketing Playbook is a complementary resource to MaRS Grow Camp. Developed by Nathan Monk, Grow Camp is a program that helps turn participants into full-stack marketers.
Grow Camp draws on the experience of growth marketing experts and founders of high-growth ventures. It is aimed at experienced marketing professionals and startup entrepreneurs alike.
Running for six days over a six-week period, Grow Camp equips participants with a solid growth strategy as well as the tools to navigate today’s vast and ever-changing marketing tech landscape.
GROWTH MARKETING PLAYBOOK: CONTRIBUTORS
This playbook is based on the work of Gabriel Weinberg and Justin Mares in the 2015 edition of their book, Traction.
We are grateful to all who generously gave of their time and expertise to help build MaRS Grow Camp and the Growth Marketing Playbook.
- Fab Dolan, Head of Marketing, Google Canada
- Jyll Saskin Gales, Export Consultant, Google Canada
- Ashley Hahn, Brand Strategist, Google Canada
- Alex Norman, Managing Director, TechToronto; CEO & Founder, HomeSav
- Don Halliwell, SME, Enterprise Client Strategy, Hootsuite
- Tom Walsham, Director of Product, TWG
- Jeff Goldenberg, Co-founder & CSO, Abacus
- Richard Wong, Vice President, Marketing, #paid
- Dan Jacob, Growth Manager, Breather
- Jennifer Daly, Product Growth, Shopify
- Jessica Weisz, Chief Customer Officer, SoapBox
- Derek Hopfner, Co-founder, Law Scout
- Paul Chan, COO, Bunz
- Gregory Karelitz, Growth & Partnerships, HubSpot for Startups, HubSpot
- Evan Lewis, Director of Enterprise Sales, PostBeyond
- Casper Wong, COO & Co-founder, Financeit
- Alison Gibbins, Marketing Consultant, Alison Gibbins Consulting
- Jason Silver, Growth Lead, & Territory Manager, Airbnb
- Kelsey Grieve, Marketing Specialist, ChangeJar
- Bill Mohri, Advisor, MaRS Discovery District