MaRS Library Onboarding a new employee: Sample checklist for employee orientation
Employee orientation, or onboarding, requires upfront planning and coordination to ensure that you adequately cover all key areas with your new employee. Depending on the size of your organization, an onboarding process may take a few hours or a few days and involve the participation of more than one stakeholder. Having a checklist of necessary employee orientation tasks can facilitate this process and ensure that it is performed consistently for each new employee.
Downloadable onboarding checklist for new employees
The document below is a sample template of a checklist of necessary tasks when bringing in a new employee.
Onboarding a new employee: Sample checklist
- The hiring process and reference checks: Validating your candidate assessment.
- Vacation policy: What Ontario employers should know.
- Removing barriers: Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
- Job evaluation: Tailoring compensable factors for your startup.
- HR workbook 2 | Talent management: Compensation.