What you’ll learn
- Fundamentals of market research and its definitions
- Basic principles of top-down and bottom-up methodologies for market sizing
- The importance of secondary market research in calculating your market size (volume, value)
- An understanding of TAM, SAM and TM and how they differ
What you’ll get
- 12 video lessons
- Practical activities and worksheets
- Two strategies to estimate the size of your target market
- Total of 30-minutes, self-paced
- Introduction and overview
- Market sizing definitions
- Differences between TAM, SAM and TM
- Top-down methodology
- Bottom-up methodology
- Find the right search terms
- Secondary market research sources
- Case study: Alpha Medical
- Case study: MicroBlu
- Case study: Banana
- Case study: Proxy market
- Where to go next
This 30-minute course is self-paced & openly available on-demand. You can access it from anywhere, at your own pace. The course includes 12 videos, plus activities and workbooks.
Enrolling in this course includes access to the material for as long as you need it!
Yes. You can access it at any time, from anywhere.
Yes! This foundational course covers the basics of market research and the key methodologies of market sizing. Market sizing is a critical task for startup business and marketing planning, as well as for raising venture capital.
Sign up for Introduction to Market Sizing via the START NOW button above. You can start the course at any time.
Yes. Introduction to Market Sizing is openly available to anyone, anywhere—an understanding of market sizing is useful for all entrepreneurs.