MaRS Library The Investor Pitch: Four key components
In the final lecture of the 2013/14 Entrepreneurship 101 course, Peter Evans, Founder and CEO of Speakerfile, explains how to craft and deliver a pitch that covers what investors want to know before they fund your startup. Peter discusses crucial pitch elements such as the problem your product solves and the team you’ve put together to solve it.
- What investors look for in a technology investment.
- Revenue models, product pricing and commercializing new technology.
- Creating a mission statement for your startup: When to do it and what to know.
- Term sheet template (angel or venture capital investors): Ontario startups.
- What investors want in place when they invest in your startup.