MaRS Library Social Enterprise in Canada: Structural options
This report considers the various structural options for social enterprise from the perspective of a social entrepreneur contemplating a new social venture. It addresses the issues that should be considered before deciding upon a structure, and then describes available structures, outlining how each will suit different combinations of priorities. This report adapts for Canadian readers the work of Jim Fruchterman, who focused on the structural options for social enterprise in the US context. After reviewing the considerations that Fruchterman emphasizes as crucial before making structural decisions, the report writers then review some of the structural options available in Canada, and the pros and cons of each.
Social Enterprise in Canada: Structural Options
- The Impact Economy: The Insider's Guide to Finding Meaningful Work and Attracting Top Talent.
- Social entrepreneurs, social enterprises (SEs) and social business at MaRS.
- Case Studies in Social Innovation: JUMP Math.
- Case Studies in Social Innovation: MaRS Centre for Impact Investing.
- Case Studies in Social Innovation: Bullfrog Power.