MaRS Library Reference authorization: Sample template
Reference checks comprise an invaluable part of the recruitment, selecting and hiring process and should be conducted with utmost care. Verifying your assessment of a candidate is an important element of trying to find the best person for the job. However, do not contact references without the candidate’s permission, especially current employers, as you do not want to jeopardize their current employment status. Consider having the candidate sign a release authorizing you to conduct the reference check.
The document below is a sample template of a letter to authorize reference checks.
Sample reference authorization template
See also: Reference check: Sample template
- Hiring headhunters or recruitment agencies: What to know.
- Startups: Build a strong management team and attract investors.
- Key documents for investors and financing: Subscription and shareholder agreements.
- Case study: Recruiting—Hiring your first salesperson.
- Sales compensation plan: Sample template of sales contract.