MaRS Library Understanding the Ontario Health Technology Market with William Charnetski
The Office of the Chief Health Innovation Strategist for Ontario (OCHIS), created in 2016 by the Government of Ontario, serves as tool to help accelerate health technology commercialization efforts in Ontario. The purpose of the office is:
To drive collaboration across the health care system to accelerate the adoption and diffusion of new innovative health technologies and processes to:
- Improve patient outcomes (in accordance with the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care’s Patients First: Action Plan for Health Care)
- Add value to the system
- Create jobs in Ontario.
William Charnetski, the Chief Health Innovation Strategist for Ontario, explains below the state of the health technology market in Ontario and how OCHIS is working to build and support the health innovation ecosystem in the province.
Are you a health innovator? Get access to our Medtech Reimbursement Intensive. A completely online course covering six global markets, including Canada and the United States.
- Drug submissions: Procedures to reach regulatory approval.
- Startup library: Digital health and innovation overview 2017.
- Step 8: Collect your data for regulatory submission.
- Product development: Positioning new healthcare products in the marketplace.
- Drug development: Drug submissions and the harmonized process.