MaRS Library Mobilizing Private Capital for Public Good: Canadian Task Force on Social Finance
This report calls on institutional investors, corporations, philanthropists, foundations and governments to work together to build a robust impact investing marketplace in Canada. The Task Force on Social Finance wasconceived by Social Innovation Generation (SiG) to identify opportunities to mobilize private capital for public good, within either non-profit or for-profit enterprises. In the spring of 2010, the Premier of Ontario, Dalton McGuinty, encouraged the Task Force in a letter to SiG to: “help social enterprise and social purpose business adopt social innovation business models; and develop recommendations to enhance public and private sector support of social finance to unleash its full potential in Ontario.”
Mobilizing Private Capital for Public Good: Canadian Task Force on Social Finance
- Shareholders agreement for startups: Sample template for Ontario startups.
- Ontario’s Social Innovation Policy Paper.
- The Collaborative Economy: How sharing is powering a sustainable future - MaRS Global Leadership.
- Financing Options for Social-Purpose Businesses (for-profit).
- Privacy, copyright and use of information: A guide to website legal issues for startups.