MaRS Library Issue Brief on Seed-Stage Impact Investing in Canada: Insights from the field
This issue brief serves as a snapshot of the seed-stage impact investing market in 2015. Based on interviews with market players, the brief provides insight into the state of seed-stage impact investing in Canada and describes how, in practical terms, these investments happen. This paper is aimed at potential investors, entrepreneurs and capacity-builders who wish to understand how seed-stage impact investing works in Canada today.
The information provided in this report is presented in summary form, is general in nature, is based on research conducted in 2014 and is provided for informational purposes only.
Issue Brief on Seed-Stage Impact Investing in Canada: Insights from the field
- Understanding the term sheet.
- Mobilizing Private Capital for Public Good: Canadian Task Force on Social Finance.
- Suppliers, distributors and partners for social ventures: Social Enterprises (SE) and Social Business.
- How do I fund my startup?.
- Innovating Innovation: How MaRS combines business, tech and social innovation for greater impact.