MaRS Library IP Management: Protecting and commercializing your creative ingenuity
In this talk, partners from Gilbert’s LLP outline the process of securing and protecting patents, trademarks and copyrights. Learn about the different types of intellectual property and be able to determine which might be suitable for your startup.
Ashlee Froese, Partner, Gilbert’s LLP
Matthew Powell, Partner, Gilbert’s LLP
Salim Dharssi, Lawyer, Gilbert’s LLP
- Different types of entrepreneurship - Entrepreneurship 101 2014/15.
- Prior art searches and patents.
- Patent strategy for tech startups: Protecting intellectual property.
- Industrial design, plant breeders’ rights, and integrated circuit topographies as intellectual property.
- Provisional patent applications in the US: A tool to protect your invention.