MaRS Library IP Management: Protecting and commercializing your creative ingenuity
In this talk, partners from Gilbert’s LLP outline the process of securing and protecting patents, trademarks and copyrights. Learn about the different types of intellectual property and be able to determine which might be suitable for your startup.
Ashlee Froese, Partner, Gilbert’s LLP
Matthew Powell, Partner, Gilbert’s LLP
Salim Dharssi, Lawyer, Gilbert’s LLP
- Patent infringement and the Patent Act in Canada.
- Copyright strategy for startups: Open source versus copyright.
- Aligning your intellectual property (IP) and business strategy and goals.
- Confidential information strategy.
- Assessing the importance of patent protection for web-based or software startups.