MaRS Library HR workbook 2 | Talent management: Compensation
HR workbook 2: Compensation helps you build on the backbone of the human resources (HR) management plan you developed in HR Workbook 1: Building an A-team.
This HR workbook guides you in planning an effective compensation strategy to attract, retain and motivate winning staff, and to budget effectively for HR expenses. It is designed specifically for entrepreneurs in the high-tech space.
Download and use this workbook to:
- Identify the most effective forms of compensation for a technology startup.
- Learn about employee benefits mandated by the Ontario government and their cost.
- Structure an employee stock option plan.
- Set a budget for HR expenses.
This workbook is part two of a three-part series on HR management. Each part of the series, or “Building block,” adds to the foundation of the previous one:
- HR workbook, part 1 | Talent management: Building an A-team
- HR workbook, part 2 | Talent management: Compensation
- HR workbook, part 3 | Talent management: HR at work
MaRS workbooks are comprised of two elements―the workbook guide, which contains instructions, examples and activities, and the workbook template, in which you can write your responses. You can personalize the workbook template by adding your company name and logo.
Talent management: Compensation
Talent management: Compensation workbook template
- Designing sales compensation plans for your startup.
- Training programs: Evaluating ROI and training effectiveness.
- Screening job candidates: Video and phone interview questions.
- Internal controls in accounting: Oversight of financial transactions.
- Allocating stock options for an employee stock option plan (ESOP).