MaRS Library Going Global Series – China
Ontario has excellent innovation capabilities in areas such as biotechnology, medical devices and cleantech, and it has witnessed a healthy growth of startups in these sectors in recent years. But the commercialization potential of these startups is hindered by Canada’s relatively small domestic market and limited early-stage funding support.
At the same time, China presents a key opportunity for Ontario startups. With unprecedented, hefty bonuses, China is urgently scouting disruptive technologies globally in order to address the mounting challenges of slowed economic growth and the pressing need to switch from a manufacturing-based economy to one that is innovation-based.
This series explores China’s market opportunities in biotechnology and cleantech for Ontario startups. It examines:
- Market opportunities
- Government incentive policies
- Potential regional partners
- Collaboration models—with a focus on sectors and regions
- Best practices, including deal negotiation and IP protection
- Transforming Health Market Insights Series.
- Towards an Accessible Future: Ontario Innovators in Accessibility and Universal Design.
- Digital Transition: Canadian Media Experiments in 2014, Part 2.
- Wearable Tech: Leveraging Canadian Innovation to Improve Health.
- Issue Brief on Seed-Stage Impact Investing in Canada: Insights from the field.