MaRS Library General telephone screening questions: Sample template
In the hiring process, once you have sourced candidates, the next step is to screen potential candidates. As part of this stage, it is advisable to conduct initial telephone interviews to vet candidates. This way you can eliminate unsuitable applicants and not waste either party’s time with a face-to-face interview. Having a brief list of general questions prepared in advance will help you qualify or disqualify candidates according to your hiring needs (for example, salary requirements, availability, communication skills).
The following document is a sample list of general telephone screening questions.
Sample of a general telephone screening template
- Sample job description for an administrative assistant.
- Removing barriers: Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
- Terminating employees respectfully: When a startup faces firing an employee.
- Convertible preferred stock: How investors maximize their return on investment (ROI).
- Using video interviewing and phone screening in the recruitment process.