MaRS Library Finding & Validating Your Business Idea
Where do great business ideas come from? Jon Worren, Entrepreneur in Residence at MaRS Discovery District, suggests there is a mindset for developing great ideas and a scientific process for validating business ideas and minimizing risk.
In this session, Jon lays the foundation for Entrepreneurship 101, MaRS’ 30-week flagship course that helps entrepreneurs succeed.
- Elements of a term sheet: Funding, liquidation and corporate governance.
- Industry rivalry and competition: Porter's five forces.
- Introduction to Entrepreneurial Management - Entrepreneurship 101 2014/15.
- Securing investment: Venture capital (VC) term sheets.
- Concept stage of company development: Funding, investors, risks and expectations.