MaRS Library Bootstrapping and Alternative Sources of Funding
Keri Damen moderates a panel of startup founders who discuss effective bootstrapping strategies and offer aspiring entrepreneurs tips to find alternative funding sources. The panel highlights crowdfunding as an innovative process to raise capital.
Keri Damen, Director of Entrepreneurship Programs, MaRS
Joanne Griffiths, Founder & CEO, Knix Wear
Mark Sales, CEO, Greyter Water Systems
Mike Betts, President, Castlegar Management
- Crowdfunding campaigns for startup funding: What you should know.
- Founders’ restricted rights agreement and equity shares for Ontario startups: Sample template.
- Distribution agreement: Sample template.
- Exit strategy planning: IPOs, mergers and acquisitions and licensing.
- Common share investments and early-round equity financing.