After signing up for the Accelerating Global Expansion program, you’ll receive access to the following resources.
- Online modules | Four on-demand online modules in which ventures can access expert advice and practical tools to support their expansion efforts. Each module has a clear objective and is meant to stand on its own.
- Resource library | Online library highlighting the various expansion-related resources available to Canadian ventures
- Ask-me-anything sessions | Live, highly interactive sessions involving a group of ventures and experts sharing their unique challenges and discussing opportunities to overcome them. These sessions will be held monthly (starting June 2021), and each one will cover a unique topic.
Module 1 – Expansion readiness
- Define your global objectives and assess your readiness to start expanding internationally.
Module 2 – Assessing international markets
- Determine the key factors to consider when evaluating international markets and leverage a Market Assessment Scorecard to determine which market presents the most attractive opportunity.
Module 3 – Risk assessment
- Understand the major types of business risk and develop your risk management plan.
Module 4 – Developing global partnerships
- Develop your ideal partner profile and create a framework to effectively vet potential partners.
Each online module is meant to stand on its own, and ventures are encouraged to allocate their time based on the areas in which they require the most support.
In addition to the online modules, you’ll also have access to a library of resources available to support Canadian ventures in expanding internationally.
The resources included will support your venture in several aspects of international expansion, such as:
- Hiring global talent
- Financing your expansion
- Finding global partners
Ask-me-anything (AMA) sessions will be live, highly interactive conversations in which ventures and experts will share their unique challenges and discuss opportunities to overcome them.
- Tax implications of expanding internationally
- Hiring global talent
- Protecting your IP in global markets
After signing up, you will receive immediate access to the online modules and resource library, as well as regular updates on upcoming AMA sessions.
The program consists of online modules and a resource library that are all available on demand, as well as live ask-me-anything sessions that recur monthly.
After signing up, you will have immediate access to all of the online modules and the resource library. You’ll also receive a schedule of upcoming monthly ask-me-anything sessions.
You will have access to the online material until August 1, 2021.
If you have made the decision to go global and are looking to build a robust expansion plan — while avoiding common pitfalls around international expansion — then this program is for you!