The Going Global report series provides a 360-degree view of the energy system in international priority markets for export-ready Canadian energy companies. The current report is an update on the previous Colombia report published by the AEC providing a revision of the data and investigating newer drivers and trends. Colombia is an exciting market, open to foreign innovation and a strong relationship with Canada. It is a relatively newer entrant in the area of electricity sector modernization creating upcoming opportunities in the areas of grid modernization, reducing energy losses, advanced metering infrastructure opportunities and energy efficiency opportunities along with an easy business environment.
Hence, the report addresses considerations and is meant to help Canadian companies answer the following key questions:
- Are our Canadian capabilities a good fit for the market?
- What are the opportunities and barriers to doing business, and do the former outweigh the latter?
In this report you will find:
- A discussion of the electricity market structure along with key stakeholders
- Panorama of electricity sector in Colombia (energy mix, main consumers, demand growth)
- Discussions on security and quality of supply, business environment, environmental sustainability commitments
- Opportunities in generation, transmission and distribution
- Challenges and barriers expected in the market
Finally, we hope this report will provide you with valuable insights into the market and if you choose to further explore the opportunities, the AEC and EDC have more initiatives to support your efforts.
Canadian companies interested in the Colombian market are invited to contact the AEC for more information.
[download url=”https://learn.marsdd.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/AEC_GG_COLOMBIA_2017_April_Final.pdf” type=”pdf”]Going Global Series – Energy Market Insights: Colombia[/download]